Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to jain sir(reg--fabrication work)--------PIFA antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi sir,
For doing fabrication work, first step is preparing mask, for that the people whoever is preparing mask they are asking AUTOCAD daigarm. In my case i am PIFA antenna is having groundplane ,patch,shorting pin and the probe feed is connected between ground plane and the radiating patch. suggest me . i can prepare mask seperately for ground plane and the radiating patch ( means seperate AUTOCAD DAIGRAM) and what should i do for the shorting pin and the probe feed WHILE DRAWING IN AUTOCAD.
REPLY ME AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE

with regards
Jayanthi

Hi, jayanthi:

I am not sure whether you need to use 2D DXF or 3D DXF. If it is 3D DXF, you can use the polygons from IE3D as they are. If you are using 2D DXF, you may try to build your shorting pin and probes as some shapes on a layer. You should have 3 layers: (1) patch layer; (2) ground layer (3) shorting pin and via layer (as some shapes presenting them). From the 3 layers, you are able to create the IE3D model easily and you can also use them for manufacturing.

Best regards,

hi sir,
for probe feed connector should i prepare a hole which is equal to the radius of the connector in the radiating patch.

Reactions: abdas

abdas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, jayanthi:

I think you should use layered polygons to describe everything including the patch, the ground and the probes etc. After you get the layered polygons, you are able to do anything you want. In fact, our importing capability is based upon layered polygons. You can import layered polygons and use them to build patches, grounds, probes and the vias. The process is automated on AGIF (Automatic Geometry to Ie3d Flow). AGIF allows a user to create IE3D models and perform streamlined simulations directly for a patch of GDSII files or cells from Cadence Virtuoso. It also allows users to create IE3D modesl including vias, solder balls and wire bonds from Cadence Allegro for PCB and Cadence APD for packaging. You are able to build complicated modesl directly from Cadence layouts without tedious manual operations. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back