Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New microprocessor architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyentl

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

I am Tran, Le Nguyen, and I have one patent about a new microprocessor architecture so called "Network-on-Chip Dataflow Architecture". The patent has been proved in Germany and processed in the US. According to my analyzing, it is very powerful, low power consumption, and requires low memory bandwidth. Its performance lies in between normal processors and FPGA prototypes depending on applications. I want to introduce it to companies so that people can use it but I do not know the procedure. It would be very grateful if you give me some advices.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Nguyen.

I think that it would help if you build some kind of prototype to show to others.

nguyentl said:
Dear Friends,

I am Tran, Le Nguyen, and I have one patent about a new microprocessor architecture so called "Network-on-Chip Dataflow Architecture". The patent has been proved in Germany and processed in the US.

Could you please point to a link in press/issues, etc, other than:
**broken link removed**

What exactly means "it has been proven" and "processed" ?

According to my analyzing, it is very powerful, low power consumption, and requires low memory bandwidth. Its performance lies in between normal processors and FPGA prototypes depending on applications. I want to introduce it to companies so that people can use it but I do not know the procedure. It would be very grateful if you give me some advices.

A patent could worth nothing or could worth a lot (I've also a few).
But as long there isn't a clear way to prove the patent validity (a sample of microcontroller presented to an international conference, etc) would be difficult to talk even with some interested companies, based only on the patent claims.

Regards,

Nguyen.

I don't want to dissapoint you but this is not a way to handle a patent.

The "American" way to do it is to get lawyer help from a company with loads of experience in patents (companies that do just that) and then sue everyone that you think is violating or could be violating your patent . If there is a doubt that this might be the case, they will settle with you for a considarable sum.

Hi friends,

Thank you very much for your advices. I want to clarify some points. First of all, I also want to do a prototype for this architecture but it is almost impossible for me. One microprocessor prototype requires a lot of effort and money. Secondly, German Patent and Trade Mark Office has proved it. You can come to this website: **broken link removed** and search the patent number 102005029108 to find it. However, it is in German not in English. I have also applied for a patent in the US but it has not been proved. The thing that I want to do now is to introduce it to many people. I do not think to earn money from it now.

Thank you very much for your advices and help.

Regards,

Nguyen.

To be frankly, such patent is good to put in your resume. If you do a patent search, there are thousands similiar idea. It's impossible to get in micropressor design business with a few patents

Hi friends,

Thank you very much for your frank and useful advice. In order to introduce it to other people, I consider that I will submit it as a paper to microprocessor conferences. However, I do not know if I have to pay for flight and accommodation or not. If it is so expensive, I cannot affort. Besides, I will send letters to famous people in computer architecture fields like professors in university or chefs in companies to get some feedbacks or advices. However, I do not know if it is useful or not. Could you give me some advices for these.

Best regards,

Nguyen.

I printed out your patent , but my german is so poor and computer archtecture is not my field so I can't give you any good feedback. Try to rewrite your idea and submit it to some trade magazin. Do some research to see if your architecture is a brakthrough of performance. Have you ever implemented your idea on a real chip or at leasthave a model and simulate it. It's a lot of work. I also recognize that you are the owner of your patent, not the company you work for. It's rare! It cost some money to file a patent and it rarely give you back some practical benefit. Let say some big company steal your idea and implement it on their chip. How do you know and how can you prove that it violate your patent protection. Just some 2 cents thought. Good luck to you

think that it would help if you build some kind of prototype to show to others.

nguyentl said:
Hi friends,

Thank you very much for your frank and useful advice. In order to introduce it to other people, I consider that I will submit it as a paper to microprocessor conferences. However, I do not know if I have to pay for flight and accommodation or not. If it is so expensive, I cannot affort. Besides, I will send letters to famous people in computer architecture fields like professors in university or chefs in companies to get some feedbacks or advices. However, I do not know if it is useful or not. Could you give me some advices for these.

Best regards,
Nguyen.

You usually have to pay for travel, accomodation and conference fees if you are presenting a paper. Sometimes there are grants for students but that might not apply for you.

Getting feedback from some known experts in the field is certaily useful. they might even have their own little company that might be interested in cooperating with you.

Just with an idea and a patent, you'll have a very hard time pursuing it, unfortunately. Do you have an application that will demonstrate the usefullness of your idea?

Good luck
Michael

i think if you can make the organizers of the seminars to feel that why your patent is important ,some of the case i heard that they will recommend you to contact with some companies who may sponsor you.

thank you

dipu_haq said:
i think if you can make the organizers of the seminars to feel that why your patent is important ,some of the case i heard that they will recommend you to contact with some companies who may sponsor you.

thank you

Thank you very much for your advice. Could you tell me more about the organizers of the seminars. You mean the organizers of conferences of others like IEEE or ACM. Could you give me some advices to convince them.

Thank you very much.

Nguyen.

Basically a patent is a protection of a new idea. it will give you a financial award if some one try to make profit on using your idea. A patent is granted not necesary it's a good and practical idea. To convince other that your idea is good and practical, you have to do a research and compare the advantages and disadvanges of your idea and others's. That's the way you convince other. The experts are always busy they don't even want to take a look of your paper in detail, they just skim over the abstract to know that your idea is good or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back