Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface 2 MAX232 on single UC(Rx,Tx,Gnd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nscpl

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
While designing new hardware for my Weather monitering system. I'm little stucked.
The thing is I my UC(Atmel AT89s8253) is already having interface with PC through
AT89s8253(Rx,Tx)->MAX232->DB9-DB9<-PC
Now as new GPRS card(It works only on RS232) is included, I need to use same Rx, Tx pins with it using other MAX232.
How can I make it possible.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Nikhilesh

This microcontroller has only one UART, but you can create second "software" UART and connect the second RS-232 device as follows:
RX pin - INT0 or INT1
TX pin - any available general purpose I/O

Goto:
**broken link removed**
and find dupuart.zip ..
It is an example of software UART for reduced-pin, harware UART-less version of 8051 ..

Regards,
IanP

nscpl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi,

if you can use the DPDT Relay for the switching the interface .......... i also did same when i am interfacing the GPS and the GSM modem

coz when i need one device at a time ...... it is nice solution when u wnat to send data to only one device at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back