Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fedora Core 6 and IC Design Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramy_maia

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic design flow with icstudio install

AA
just installed FC6 today it yesterday now
amazed by the gui effects
and i tried the tools on it, Al7amd llah it just took couple of googling to solve the issues and it worked not all the tools worked
- Cadence :(icms,icfb,..) no problem at all
- Mentor: opening icstudio
1-gave me the error
"libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory"
so i make the link to the file
/usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so and rename it as libstdc++- libc6.1-1.so.2 within the same folder

2-then it is opened and gave me a warning (which appeared also on FC4 ) about the disabled backing store, so i enabled it by
open /etc/X11/xorg.conf as a root and insert
Option "backingstore" "true"
Under the Device section.

3-i got another error for Mentor when i try to open Design Architect or IC Statio

// ERROR: Cannot connect to DISPLAY
// Please verify that your DISPLAY (":0.0") is set to a system
// with proper X server authorization. Reference xhost man page.

solved by making a link to /usr/bin and put it in the folder /usr/X11R6 (sure rename the link to be just "bin" instead "link to bin")

Hope it Helps
Happy Ad7a Eid for all

design tool on fedora 10

Hy there. Thanks for sharing.
I tried installing Cadence tools on Fedora 6 a while ago, but didn't work at all. Some compatibility libs were missing, I think. Also, setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable was disturbing the system seriously. Don't know what went wrong...
Now I am trying on a brand new RHEL5 Beta2 - which is based on Fedora 6, but I'm getting X Errors:

Qt Warning: X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
Extension: 153 (RENDER)
Minor opcode: 4 (RenderCreatePicture)
Resource id: 0x3f
Qt Warning: X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
Major opcode: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
Resource id: 0x3f
Qt Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
Extension: 153 (RENDER)
Minor opcode: 4 (RenderCreatePicture)
Resource id: 0x3c00011
Qt Warning: X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
Resource id: 0x3c00011
\e Display :0.0 Error "BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)"
\e request 1 error 8 serial 1407
\e Display :0.0 Error "BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)"
\e request 153 error 9 serial 1408

Can you help?
Thanks

libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 fedora 10

Cadence Ic design only sopport RHEL 2.1, RHEL 3.0

glibc6 fedora-core-11 permission-denied

If I would have take that for granted, I'd have had still using RH8.0 or worse, 7.2.
Fortunatelly, it seems that with little tweak (or not), many versions of linux supports Cadence, although Cadence doesn't support them...

cadence icfb x11.conf

unfortiantly i don't know a solution for your problem , actually my cadence tools were already installed and i just run them on the newly installed FC6 (i previously installed the tools on an ext3 partition and i mount it whenever i install a new Linux version and i and my TA made some scripts to define some env. variables to get it work)
and i am with you cadence tools works with many ditn.'s even if it is not officially supports them i tried it on FC3,4,6 and Suse 10

tooling core back system design

FC 6 is not good for EDA tools. Now RHEL3 and 4 are very good.

proper-x-server-authorization

Yes, it seems that Cadence works fine on both Fedora 6 (as ramy said) and RHEL5 (beta2). My problem was not in the SO, but in my software. Sorry for missleading... :) Goodluck!

extension: 153 (render)

I think RHEL 4 it's very good.

fedora core with eda tools

system2008 said:
I think RHEL 4 it's very good.
why saying that ain't all the tools running in a correct on it?

cadence tools compatibility fedora

Hi, ramy_maia. Could you send me your script for runing cadence tools on fc6. really appreciate it !

I had some glibc problem with icfb when I tried to run it on FC6. I installed it on FC4, no problem.

variables in fedora 6

what do you mean by scripts do you mean the icms and icfb files? or do you mean the env. variables that i use?

fedora core 32 enable backing store

ramy_maia said:
what do you mean by scripts do you mean the icms and icfb files? or do you mean the env. variables that i use?

Yeah, I mean the ENV that you set up for the ic5 on fc6. With the default ENV I set up for FC4, I could not run it on fc6. it always prompts glibc error. and then I tried to solve the compatible libc problems by setting up old glibc env. It comes up with floating exception error. So, I don't know how to run IC5 on fc6.

fedora ic design

Is RHEL 3.0 compatible with ic5.033? if yes, does need any special change or setup?

fedora 10 x11r

ramy_maia said:
AA

3-i got another error for Mentor when i try to open Design Architect or IC Statio

// ERROR: Cannot connect to DISPLAY

solved by making a link to /usr/bin and put it in the folder /usr/X11R6 (sure rename the link to be just "bin" instead "link to bin")

Hope it Helps
Happy Ad7a Eid for all

I could not quite understand your solution, I understand as you proposed to link da_ic to /usr/bin then copy it to /usr/X86 , am i right?
i did them but still the same problem occurs
i will appreciate any assitance

icstudio cannot connect to display

i am not sure if i understand what you did but what i meant is to
make a symbolic link for the folder "bin" in the "/etc " and put that link in this path "/usr/X11R6" and make sure that that link is named as "bin"

fedora qt invalid version

thanks ramy i solved the problem now, but facing with another one now
$MGC_HOME/icflow_home/lib/libmrdp.so: cannot restore segment prot after r eloc: Permission denied
i am trying to run as su

libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 fc 10

FC6 uses xorg 7.x, which is so-called modular X, and the paths for X window files are changed totally. Sometimes one has to figure out where and what are missing to make the EDA tools back to normal.

/usr/x11r6 fedora 10 kein

You should better try to update IC tools.
The latest IC5141usr4 can be easily installed in FC6 or RHEL5. The previous IC5141 (IC5141usr1-3) really don`t run in FC6 because of the NPTL problem.

backing store in rhel4

I'm sorry, but I don't get what the solution is either:
/ ERROR: Cannot connect to DISPLAY

Hope it Helps
Happy Ad7a Eid for all

Post30 Mar 2007 14:52 Fedora Core 6 and IC Design Tools
i am not sure if i understand what you did but what i meant is to
make a symbolic link for the folder "bin" in the "/etc " and put that link in this path "/usr/X11R6" and make sure that that link is named as "bin"

I already has /usr/X11R/bin existing and so I cannot create another /bin in /usr/X11R -> /usr/bin.
Please help.

Thanks!

xserver backing store disabled in rhel

for KL11
copy the files under the original /usr/X11R/bin folder to /usr/bin
then delete the original /usr/X11R/bin folder and make the link of /usr/bin under /usr/X11R/

Status
Not open for further replies.