Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Global timing constraints in FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardyue

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Members,
Does anybody know what the global timing constraints are in FPGA?
How can we use them in the specific applications?
Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

You can include some timing constraints to the constraint file so that the "Router" should take care of this signal such that it does not exceed this constraint.
Really I have not passed with any situation that i needed to add such a constraint.

Constraint details are specific to your specific tools. If you are using Xilinx ISE, see section "Global Timing Assignments" in your ISE Constraints Guide.

If that's not quite what you meant by "global", perhaps this will help ... I have built many designs by using only one timing constraint: PERIOD applied to the clock net. That's usually sufficient if the design it fully synchronous using only one clock. Occasionally I include additional constraints to a specific area, such as fast data I/O to an external RAM chip.

when you select a device for synthesis , that time you can provide
timing constraint i.e.
input to output, output to Input, input to register Reg. to output & Register to Register.
Thanks

Added after 1 minutes:

anmolvlsi13 said:
when you select a device for synthesis , that time you can provide
timing constraint i.e.
input to output, output to Input, input to register Reg. to output & Register to Register.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.