Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DDR sampling of LVDS inputs on Xilinx Spartan-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elephantus

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx ibufds ddr

Hi all.
I am working on implementing an LVDS interface on a Xilinx Spartan-3 chip, and I want to do DDR sampling of input data.

The first idea was to directly instantiate the IBUFDS primitive for external LVDS interface, and then connect the output of IBUFDS to IFDDRCPE DDR register. When I connect the IFDDRCPE, the translate process fails returning the error that the intermediate signal (from the buffer to the register) has multiple drivers.

The problem seems to be that IFDDRCPE acts not only like a DDR register placed in the IOB, but also as an IBUF as well. I haven't found a component that would work as an input DDR register, but without an embedded IBUF so it can be connected to IBUFDS.

Has anyone encountered similar problems?

I would appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back