Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a clock rate for Cisco routers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslamzohaib

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i am new to networking....what is clock rate when we are configuring cisco routers and why it is needed....

Re: What is clock rate?

the clock rate is a very important comand it defines which side of the wan link will be DCE and which side is the DTE i.e. which side is goint to generate the clock , because all serial interfaces are synchronous i.e. detection is based on clocking

What is clock rate?

The clock rate is the speed at wich the data is transfered from some sender, so the receiving side of the communication must know what this speed of data is, in order to catch the bits in the moment their are happening on the line. Hope it help you best figure out how digital networks works.

thanks for your answer but i want to ask that is clock rate has to do something with the bandwidth...if yes then how?

What is clock rate?

hi aslamzohaib,

yes, as i told you, the clock rate determined the speed of data transfering over the network. That means that if you have a low clock rate, then you have a low bandwith (bandwith = bits/second AND every bit transferred depend on the clock rate)

I thin clock rate has same meaning with frequency.

best regards

aslamzohaib said:
Hi i am new to networking....what is clock rate when we are configuring cisco routers and why it is needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.