Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wut is microblaze? how can i attach my VHDL design to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahidkh6222

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.
we have a xilinx ML402 board that uses virtex4 and it has a microblaze cpu embded in it...
i want to know what is the microblaze duties and functions in general,
and how can i use it along with my vhdl top design. how can i interface the ports and IOs, how.....how....howw....
any understandable tutorials(for very beginers) are welcom.
tnx in advance.

Re: wut is microblaze? how can i attach my VHDL design to it

hi,
-- what is microblaze?
It's a soft processor given along with the board's tools, this processor can be made into a VHDL design using the XPS tool. From this tool, peripherals can be added to your processor. This processor code can then be attached to your original VHDL code through writing an upper top module connecting both.
Interfacing the microblaze to external FPGA pins can be easily done by assiging package pins from the ISE tool.

Alot of tutorials are available on Xilinx website. Just search for microblaze.

Re: wut is microblaze? how can i attach my VHDL design to it

just goto xilinx

**broken link removed**

tnx dears,
but i already found that tutorials and they are not so understandable... i am totally confused about how should i attach my for example fir filter to microblaze and send it's output to the audio codec that exists on the board.
should i use ip cores and make an 8 bit external port and.... or should i define new pripheral......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back