Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make the Via bigger? (Cadence v15.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnanice

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Making the Via bigger

Hi friends,
I'm trying to design a board using Allegro Cadence V15.2. In the layout section, am not able to increase the size of the via. When I've added the via, it's very small and I'm not able to make it bigger. I'm not sure if I can do the same. And, I've seen this option and couldn't understand this. When I go to

Setup -> vias -> Define B/B Via (or) Auto Define B/B Via

I couldnt understand what B/B Via means. However, my primary concern is making the Via bigger. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I appreciate your support.

Re: Making the Via bigger

use Tools>padstack>Modify design padstack click onthe blind via you wish to edit; now click on the edit button in the options tab, this takes you to pad designer here you do the modification and save it. this will update the padstack in the design

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Hello Nagaraj, Thanks for the response. I'm not tryin to update the existing VIA but I just wanna keep the existing VIA likethat and try to modify the same and save as a different copy like for e.g. VIA_BIG so that I can use both of them. Is it possible to do so?

Thank you for your help "sir"!

you need to save the modified padstack edited in the pad designed using File >save As option. To include this into your design you need to add the via to via list in the setup>constraints>physical rule set.

Hope this helps.

Nagaraj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back