Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WiMAX implementation (FPGA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

System.out

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wimax implementation

Hello,

I have been digging into this forum, finding *very good books* and other nice stuff. I'm planning to implement a WiMAX transmitter and receptor. For now, i should concentrate in transmitter.

I'm going to use VHDL mainly and open cores. So if you have any comments and if you want to discuss about it. I'd apreciate feedback.

Right now, i'm reviewing standards for 802.16, not sure which one to implement, i guess rev d would be the easiest one, what do you think?

:D

P.S.- Yeah, probably 802.16e is very cool, but Scalable OFDMA is not yet an open core and standarization is not closed yet.

BTW, is this job done ? any helpful site ?

Last edited by a moderator:

haytham email contact address @hotmail.com

It is a big team work to implement the WiMax, even if just the physical layer. You need people to work on the system architetcure design, system enginerrs to work on the algorithm development, fixed-point implementation of the modem, digital engineers to work on RTL coding and some HW engineer to work on the FPGA board, plus SW to control the modem function. At least 20-30 engineers to work on the real WiMAX. If you just work on a project for the class, you need select one function in the WiMAX modem, such as channel estimation, sync., frequency compensation, equalizer, Viterbi/Tubor/LDPC decoder.

fpga modem

spweda said:
It is a big team work to implement the WiMax, even if just the physical layer. You need people to work on the system architetcure design, system enginerrs to work on the algorithm development, fixed-point implementation of the modem, digital engineers to work on RTL coding and some HW engineer to work on the FPGA board, plus SW to control the modem function. At least 20-30 engineers to work on the real WiMAX. If you just work on a project for the class, you need select one function in the WiMAX modem, such as channel estimation, sync., frequency compensation, equalizer, Viterbi/Tubor/LDPC decoder.

True. But maybe using some IP cores, i could do an academic WiMAX approach.

wimax on fpga

I'm very interested in this project, so System.out, can you share your progress in this forum from time to time?

wimax graduation projects

My graduation project is the same as yours,but we will mplement the 16e and also make a software simulation usinf scilab

wimax implementation on fpga

BigDogBear said:
I'm very interested in this project, so System.out, can you share your progress in this forum from time to time?

Sure, but i have not much time, so this is kind of stopped. I read some papers and articles... like https://www.iec.org/newsletter/oct06_1/analyst_1.html

I think i will not be doing much on this area on next months. But, i'd be good to concentrate all people interested together, and maybe that could end up on a WiMAX implementation... :)

Added after 1 minutes:

fm_com_28 said:
My graduation project is the same as yours,but we will mplement the 16e and also make a software simulation usinf scilab

If you do it public, i'd like to see it. A good place to find some useful bits and that you can put your bits too is opencores.org.

Regards

implementation of wimax

Hi,
I am implementing WiMAX MAC.All the previous posts have been regarding PHY i suppose. Is anyone implementing MAC? I need some help.

wimax fm_com_28

I am planning to be assigned this task as a graduation project.
I am really interested in cooperating.

wimax ldpc decoder

in my project we are looking for:
1-FPGA kit with ethernet port interface

we began to read in the viterbi decoder as it is essential in the implementation

we should also read about OFDM technique

wimax fpga

I am planning to port my design onto an FPGA board that I am having but tht will come at a later stage. Right now, I am concentrating on the implementation part. I really need to do some coding fast as I have to present my work in January. RIght now, I am implementing the downlink part using VHDL. I think we need to write some sort of a package for the implementation. Can anyone give any suggestions? And i need suggestions for MAC and not for PHY.

wimax impementation

I think u should read in the Viterbi Coding/Decoding technique

graduation projects in wimax

will it be an international tecnology

versiuni fpga wimax

for the Physical layer implementation it is preferable to use DSPs instead of FPGA in case of graduation projects, FPGAs needs much development time and it is used in a corporate scale development teams.
Almost DSPs need less development time and use easier methods to develop on as using C-langauge.
You can male it much easeir by useing one of the TI DSPs that are intergrated with the mathworks software as the MATLAB and Simulink, this makes it easier.
For the MAC layer, it is mainly a software project that needs good programming skills espcially in C-langaue, also you can use one of the products of MATHWORKS which is STATEFLOW, a research team in Berkely used it to develop MAC layer of a new wireless system
This is on the development scale, you can shift your project in WiMAX implementation, by purchasing a WiMAX chip and interface it by a PCB to an Antenna and RF circuits and create a WiMAX CPE
you can find those chips as 6482 from TI and the atmel one
http://www.atmel.com/products/wimax/

fpga implemntation for wimax channel estimation

Hi,
any one pls upoload some good books on wimax Physical layer implementation..

Thnaks&regards,
MRK

wimax cpe function block

go to wimax official foram
ww.wimaxforam.org

implement pro cpe wimax

I am also working implementing Wimax with Opencore IP Blocks. Is there anybody would like to share and work together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.