Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with SIM300 as it doesn't detect the sim card

Status
Not open for further replies.
sim300_atc_v2.01

Hi All

Is anyone here using SIMCOM modules in quantity (more than 100). We want to use SIM300, but we are concerned about quality. If anyone can verify for us if these modules are working well and are dependable, I will be grateful..

regards
Carel

+cpin: not inserted

I am having two sim300 module based modems loaded with two GPRS activated SIM from AIRTEL (indian cellular service provider) . Both these modems are connected to hyperterminal and responding to AT commands well . We have already exchanged SMS voice ,call through these modems . Now i intend to achieve three objectives with it first of all to transmit data using data call through these modems . Secondly to send and receive emails through modems . Third part is to transmit data through GPRS between these modules .I believe to achieve third objective we need to connect these modems to a web server and route data transfer through it . We are planning to host our own website and use database facility provided by BSNL ( Indian ISP) .If anybody from india can comment on it .
I believe this must be basic requirement for many a solution on these three issues will many a lot .I am looking forward for leads towards solution of these problem .

simcom 300 datasheet

Hello everyone.

It seems that a lot of people is working with the SIM300/340 now. I think it is mainly because it is very cheap.

I have some of these too and I have a question.

Are they reliable? Since we are expected to have a professional product, we must be sure that this module does what it sais. Are any people here that have managed to work with the modules without any problems?

This is the most important part of the product design.

I wish it works good because it is very very cheap!

Thanks.

Bill

error dial sim300

I've used over 1k so far, 300 and 300D models. I have some dead modules after some time, but well in an acceptable margin for losses (under 5 pcs. at this qty). The biggest problem at the beginning was with the development, there are a lot of situations when they need a certain way to handle them (low signal situations, in roaming, etc.). I am satisfied by them, and in the future I will go in the same way. Compared for example with Telit GM862, they are better (just my opinion).

/pisoiu

sim300 down

Hi,
As per my observation smcom rovides lowe cost & small size modles cpare to others.But I dont find it relable.

Regards,
tramp

evb pcb arm

tramp said:
Hi,
As per my observation smcom rovides lowe cost & small size modles cpare to others.But I dont find it relable.

Is this based on RF reliability meaning signal stremght, etc or does the module "lock up" and so forth?

scheme avr sim300

tramp said:
Hi,

Regards,
tramp

Some arguments will be really helpful...

/pisoiu

+cpin not inserted

Hi
I would like to configure SIM300 as Server, Can any one upload datasheets to configure SIM300 as SERVER.

Thanking you,
Ravi

sim300d at command reset the board

In connection with an error in firmvare, Sim300c does not work in the mode SERVER.

sim_vdd 0v

Hi
Is here any one who configured and used SIMCOM modems as server. Im trying to configure SIM300 as server but Im struck at IP address which received with response to CIICR command. I have referred TCP/IP application notes but I would like to conform is it mandatory to get static IP address for my sim card from the respective service provider?

with regards,
Ravi

sim300c v3.04

Gravi, the PDF files you posted, is it all that i need to fabricate a SIM300 evb for basic data and sms ??

sim300cz board schematic

I am using sim300_V7.02.
When it is powered on, I received RDY and CPIN: NOT INSERTTED
(Sim card not detected).
Anyone can help me?

sim300 init at

I am testing SIM300 module
When it powers on I receive:
RDY
CPIN: NOT INSERTED
CFUN:1
I have checked the Sim card wiring, I think it is corect.
I have tested with 2 cases: SIM PRESENCE signal wired to Vext (via 10K resistor) and grounded.
Any one can help me?
Brand

sim300cz led blinking

From the SIM300 datasheet, i understand that transmit burst may cause voltage drop and current consumption reaching levels of 2A.
1) what is this transmit burst?
2) is sending AT commands that requests data from the network concerned, for example AT+CSQ? and AT+CREG? constitutes as transmit burst?
3) does constant periodocal sending of AT+CSQ? and AT+CREG? at intervals of 3 seconds each drains the power supplied to SIM300?

thank you

gprs sim300

I'm using Q24 from Wavecom it's look so good, www.wavecom.com, and Now I want to test my product with SIM300D,
I dontknow, can we connect 2 sim300D together without any Service supplier? it means, I have 2 SIM300D module, and I using them as Wireless transmitter, and receiver,
Can We transfer data between 2 SIM300D module, in local ?

Added after 1 hours 47 minutes:

where can i buy SIM module, anyone can let me know a store, I've visitted excelpoint, but so hard to buy a product,not same as DIY :(

Added after 1 hours 28 minutes:

can I use SIM300 AT command for SIM300D ? Any want has SIM300D Instruction set, pls upload in this Thread, or send me an attack file forward my email tmacvu@yahoo.com
thanks in advance.

sim300cz led blink

Yes SIM300 Commands can also used for SIM300D.

If you are in Pakistan, then I can help you for a SIM300 module,

cpin: not inserted

Any other information about sim548???

sim300_v7.03+pdf

hi,
i am using SIM300 modem for GPRS connectivity.
i can configure SIM300 as client and can send & recieve data from my server.

now i like to configure this as server.

how many connections can be served by one modem?

how to setup as server?

it will be great for me, if anyone like to help me

thanks in advance

dial command sim300cz

Hi,
I used SIM300 for GPRS Connectivity and I was able to communicate with my server .I am attaching the AT commands set which is useful in GPRS communication.

sreekumar

sim300 sim_vdd

thanks for your reply..
but is attached at commands for sim300??

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back