Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The CCNA Certification & prospects of work after getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman_engr

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CCNA

Hi,
I want to know how is the scope after getting the CCNA Certification.

Re: CCNA

What you mean by how is the scope after getting CCNA?
You want to know the career prospect?

If I'm not mistaken, most of the IT jobs now require CCNA, as this is the basic of networking. CCNA can prove that you understand about computer network and how to configure and use CISCO network product.

If you want better prospect, get a CCNP, where it shows that you're able to design and implement a network. Sure, MCSE is important as well.

Hello,

in my kind opinion, one can go for such networking certification if they dont have networking in their syllabus.
CCNA is a very basic certification intorducing networking with major Cisco(R) products (routers & switches). MCSE is also doing the same for Microsoft(R). MSCE is cheaper than CCNA. But its not complete. If u are not sure about this field's scope , one can follow MCSE & after that think about other certifications.its common experience after networking certifcations (or only after training) freshers are offered tecnical support jobs (provided that they have good communication skills) easily irrespective of their academic background.
For any query feel free to contact
thanks,

-Amit
(i am CCNA (till Oct'2006).My exam score was 987/1000. )

Hi, amitharode

Do you mean that we should get MCSE before getting CCNA? I plan to take for CCNA without taking MCSE, is it ok?

Networking is not a subject in my course, as I'm in engineering course, so I plan to take CCNA, as I'm interested to work as a network engineer. How long the CCNA valid? From what I understood, we have to retake the exam every specific of period.

Added after 6 minutes:

leekk8 said:
Hi, amitharode

Do you mean that we should get MCSE before getting CCNA? I plan to take for CCNA without taking MCSE, is it ok?

Networking is not a subject in my course, as I'm in engineering course, so I plan to take CCNA, as I'm interested to work as a network engineer. How long the CCNA valid? From what I understood, we have to retake the exam every specific of period.

As u've tecnical background already with your firm interest to work as network enginner, you can directly go for CCNA cert.
The idea behind this strategy is that to test one's interest only. Many pepole realize that they are not working in proper filed in mid of their training.The combination of MCSE with CCNA is always advatageous as Microsoft is popular in small domains.
CCNA certification is valid for 3 years. After that one is supposed to renew it. After expiration Cisco notifies the candidate to renew their certs.
regards,
-Amit
Added after 9 minutes:

amitharode,

To renew the cert, is it I need to pay again the exam fee and take again the CCNA exam? In fact, I'm studying CCNA book by myself and wish to take the exam without taking any course. Do you have any suggestion or tips how to get pass the exam? TQ

On 6/9/06, Omar kc <telecomm12@yahoo.ca> wrote:
im attending an institution for my CCNA.
i would appreciate if u could let me know how many hours i need to put in before going for the exam and getting good marks.

i know the OSI layers. i know subnetting, i know how to make static routing tables. i took an "introduction to networking" course too.

do i REALLY need to buy a cisco press book for ccna? i thought id buy one for CCNP but a lot of people have told me that ccna is "extremely hard" so i need to buy the book..

can u clear this up for me please?

thanks

Added after 1 minutes:

Dear Omar,
in ur case u know most of concepts,just clear this exam & go for wireless certification, take the advantage of ur background.
about cisco press books: thy r always useful for concepts.these r some wht lengthy too, so non technical pepole aviods it, & so thy r declard as "extremly hard" but for we tecnical chaps these r really cool books & provides information more than required for particular certification.so gives extra knowledge about networking as well as cisco products.just borrow from some friend for trial.

Also, some good books from Wiley ,Sybex,etc. publications are also ther which r like notes. ther CD is very helpful for preparation.
just borrow from some friend for trial.

regards,
-Amit

Added after 1 hours 35 minutes:

leekk8 said:
amitharode,

To renew the cert, is it I need to pay again the exam fee and take again the CCNA exam? In fact, I'm studying CCNA book by myself and wish to take the exam without taking any course. Do you have any suggestion or tips how to get pass the exam? TQ

ofcourse man,u need to pay it again, not even a single chance of exemption.

In fact, you can download ebook of CCNA guide.

www.ebooksclub.org is a good portal to search the ebook. I've downloaded few books there.

CCNA

well for preparation, besides books, you might try getting your hands on some CBTs such as Career Academy, CBTNuggets, Testout, etc. and some exams frm sites like www.testking.com ...

CCNA

hai,
well i have just started my carrer in networking can any one help in mcse,ccna tutorials

Hi, manoj44

You can download ebooks of MCSE and CCNA in the website that I posted above.

If you have any questions about networking, you can post here. Are you working in computer networking field, or other types of network?

manoj44 said:
hai,
well i have just started my carrer in networking can any one help in mcse,ccna tutorials
hi manoj,
start learning some Linux also..
-Amit

hi amit
i m diploma eng in ece branch
just got ccna
whut should i do now

ccnp
ccip
ccsp
ccvp

well Q is wut is best path for carrier

ya i still have to go to the field

but i wana made my mind
help me

tiksh said:
hi amit
just got ccna
whut should i do now

ccnp
ccip
ccsp
ccvp

but i wana made my mind
help me

I know CCNA, CCNP & CCIE.

What is CCSP and CCVP ?

Thank you
Guille

tiksh said:
hi amit
just got ccna
whut should i do now

ccnp
ccip
ccsp
ccvp

but i wana made my mind
help me

i think take the CWNA course is the best

: What is CCSP and CCVP ?

CCSP-Cisco Certified Security Prof.
CCVP-Cisco Certified Voice Prof.

Added after 2 minutes:

What is the limit of CCNP ????

As the timelimit of CCNA is 3 years, what is the time limit of CCNP & CCIE.

its good to be CCNA certified. i Think only CCNA can do nothing for you and u should know the system configuration and network administration skills. and if u have both then u willl be grabbed into a company very easily. Now its very good field.

CCNA

what is the CCNA?

Cking said:
what is the CCNA?
CCNA is stand for Cisco Certified Network Associate

This is a certificate issued by CISCO. The scope in this certificate is about basic networking and mainly on Cisco networking products.

After you get the CCNA, you might further study and sit for CCNP and CCIE exam.
CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert

leekk8 said:
Cking said:
what is the CCNA?
CCNA is stand for Cisco Certified Network Associate

This is a certificate issued by CISCO. The scope in this certificate is about basic networking and mainly on Cisco networking products.

After you get the CCNA, you might further study and sit for CCNP and CCIE exam.
CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert
thanks very much,friend!
they can add to my CV when graudating.
i will find if China has this kind of certification authorization.

Status
Not open for further replies.