Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading the MAX6662 using DLP2232M (VB.NET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile-it

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone give me some help on programming in VB.NET an application for reading the MAX6662 SPI Temperature sensor over USB by use of the DLP2232M module?

thanks very much

connect sdi and sdo and together

You want to directly interface the sensor through the usb, or you can afford to implement a small PIC to be the interface?

If you can use the PIC, it is very simple... The sensor should be able to be set to continiusly send info on the temperature to the PIC via SPI, and all you need to do is to forvard that data to the DLP using standard serial protocol. Using a PIC that have internal UART makes this very simple.

If you don't know how to write ap rogram for PIC, I can help you with it.

mobile-it

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dlp 2232m drivers

I want to make a direct interface to the DLP module.

There is an SPI driver delivered with this module. The only problem is: the SPI protocol is an 4-wire CS/MiSO/MOSI/Clock connection

the MAX6662 sensor has a 3wire SPI connection???

max6662

The firast (CS) is the ChipSelect pin. It is used when you have multiple devices attached on the SPI bus. Just attach it to VCC and it will work fine.

Three other pins are Serial In, Serial Out and Clock. Data is pushed out on the serial out pin when you send in the Clk (on the rising edge).

But since you will be using the driver and direct control, this is no concern to you.

Just check how to connect the sensor to that USB2Serial converter.

Probabbly it uses RTS/CTS signals (hardware flow control).

Check the documentation on that SPI driver, there should be a schematic how to connect it. And that bridge fot the USB when connected to PC should indentify itself as a COM port, so the driver will see it as a regular serial port.

mobile-it

dlp2232m driver

Hi beowulf,

thanks for your explanation but:

I know at this time how to work with the usb2parallel/serial module. I have also an example on how to use the SPI connection for SPI devices. The problem I have is:

the example schematic has 4 wires for SPI, my Sensor MAX6662 has only 3 wires :s

dlp-2232m application

For hardware SPI, you must tie the SDI and SDO pins together and connect to the DIO of the MAX6662 .. if, of course, your driver can handle this situation ..

Regards,
IanP

mobile-it

MAX6662 and DLP2232M

I just looked at the data Sheet of that MAX. Yes, you shoud short the SDI and the SDO together 'cause the senirr's IO is on the same pin (as a proper SPI device).

Thaks ianP on pointimg, I mislooked that..

On fist page there is a typical connection diagram. Just apply it, and ignore the first two lines, pull them up to VCC as the documet suggests.

mobile-it

Re: MAX6662 and DLP2232M

Ok I am going to try this later this week

thank you very much for your help, I apreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back