Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog newbie problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgrm

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am using QuartusII and it is not happy with the Verilog code below. It gives this error: Error: Can't resolve multiple constant drivers for net "BUSY"
I would appreciate it if someone could suggest how to do this. I want to set Busy on the Negedge of Strobe and I want to clear it on the negedge of PC_DATA_SENT. Strobe is an input and PC_DATA_SENT is coming from a different module. Thanks

BUSY is an output.

code snippet:

always @(negedge PC_Data_Sent)
begin
BUSY = 0;
end
always @(negedge STROBE)
begin
BUSY = 1;
end

You are assigning BUSY from two different always blocks.
This is not synthesizeable. Try this:

always @(negedge PC_Data_Sent or negedge STROBE)
begin
if (!STROBE)
BUSY <= 1'b1;
else if (!PC_Data_Sent)
BUSY <= 1'b0;
end

Thanks I will give it a try

Hey david,
Don't blame you .. this was probably my first mistake in verilog when i started coding too .... anyways the point is

* Busy is a wire / port
* You are trying to force a value on this from 2 different sources
-> This is the problem . You should drive any port / wire only from one source . If you try to drive 1 from one source and logic 0 from another what do you think is the output. simulation wise you'll simply say don't care .. but think hardware.

When coding in any hdl think hardware only then code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back