Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high rate RF data Tranceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm_fa_da

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data rates rf

hi all ,

i want to make a project in which a video and some data should be transmitted to another unit in a far distance ... , i want to invert Video signal to digital or use digital webcams and then send them as data through a wirless data tranceiver , i searche ATMEL webstie and found some IC's for this application , now i have some questions :
i want to amplify RF output to get a distance about 10 Km , which frequency is better to be used ? 315 / 345 / 433 / 868 / 915 Mh or 2.4 Gh ?
and do you know a RF amplifire circuit good for this application ?
i think more than 100Kbps be a good datarate for this application , if you know other IC's for this application , plz say ...

and is it possible that i use a long range cordless phone , then make a FSK modulator and demodulator , then connect them to input and output of may cordless phone to make a long range data tranceiver ?
how should i calculate the maximume frequency of FSK that would be connected to input of cordless phone ? ( RF modulation is FM )

Thanks & Best regards.

u can try cc1000 cc1110 of Chipcon Company!
It is a professional RF ic designer and manufacturer!
cc1110 for example:
Key Features:
• High-performance and low-power RF transceiver core – the industry leading CC1100
• High performance and low power 8051microcontroller core, typically with 8 times the performance per MHz of a standard 8051
• 32 kB in-system programmable flash
• 4 kB SRAM (with data retention in all power modes)
• Four flexible power modes for reduced power consumption
• System clock source can be 16 MHz on-chip RC oscillator or 26 MHz crystal oscillator. The 26 MHz oscillator is used when radio is active
• Real time clock with low-power 32.768 kHz crystal oscillator or internal low-power 34 kHz RC-oscillator
• Very fast transition times from sleep modes to active enables ultra low average power consumption in low duty-cycle systems
• In deep sleep modes the system can wake up on external interrupts or real time counter events
• Excellent receiver selectivity and blocking performance and high sensitivity
• Programmable data rate up to 500 kbps
• 2-FSK, GFSK and MSK supported
• Low current consumption (Total: RX: 22 mA, TX: 23 mA, w/ microcontroller running at 26 MHz)
• Ideal for frequency hopping systems and multichannel operation
• Very few external components: Complete on-chip frequency synthesizer, no external filters or RF switch needed
• 8-14 bits ADC with up to eight inputs
• Wide supply voltage range (2.0V – 3.6V)
• Programmable Watchdog timer
• Power On Reset
• On-chip temperature sensor
• 16-bit timer + three 8-bit timers
• True random number generator
• Hardware debug support
• 21 general I/O pins, two with 20 mA sink/source capacity
• In-circuit interactive debugging is supported for the industry standard IAR C-SPY IDE via a simple two-wire serial interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back