Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is better board designing or fpga designing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak.sibi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CAREER DECESION

Hi Guys
I am a new member for this forum.Can u just tell me which is the best to make a career in either BOARD DESIGN or FPGA DESIGN writing HDL's like VHDL or VERILOG or learning PCB DESIGN.I need to take decesion on any one of this things.Pls reply back ASAP.

Thks in advance
Regards
Deepak

Re: CAREER DECESION

Hi Deepak,
Welcome to the forum. Recently i have come across some statistics from EDN. It states, Very less skilled people available in Board design. This demand very high pay in this domain. Board design expected to grow very fastly. So, if you want to go for Board design, try to learn and get some hands on experience in the software and technology. Tool knowledge and Board design fundamentals are very much needed for the people. Please go through some books like, High Speed Designs - Black Magic book and books related to EMC implementation in the board.

Since i have 8years of experience in this domain. My advice is, analyse the future growth of the field and expected no.of Skilled labour and decide your career.
For Any help you can reach me at gktech05@yahoo.com

All the best.
GK

Hi GK,

U have the e-book copies of the book mentioned.
If so plz upload. That will helpful for most of beginners like us.
Thanks

Hi, Deepak:

I will suggest you to attend the FPGA Design.

Maybe Soc is a trend in the future. Many components will integrated in on chip.

FPGA Design can achieve this target. This is why I suggest you attend FPGA Design.

Hope it can help you...

CAREER DECESION

Graphic chip design used to be a hot zone. Most of them are FPGA based prototype design.

i agree GK... board design is the area where there are less skilled people... i would say it requires thorough understanding of basic electrical engineering rather developing skill... the demand for board designers are in huge but ppl donot know... i know ppl closing the board design positions even with less skilled ppl, because of the unavailability of much knowledged and skilled in this area...

vhdl even a computer science guy would do, it requires basic digital design exposure and excellent logical thinking, where as in board design u have to train urself to deal complex theories as such and it is really a hard but enjoyable career...

CAREER DECESION

do not worry too much. If you are able to learn one well, the other one is not that difficult. I've tried to do both, but ended up as a HW and PCB designer. Code, even HW, is not for me. Some like to write, others like to draw. Both have to document.
If this is not too late, also consider the career of an investment banker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back