Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for reference on Ethernet dataflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

azhar_multan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ethernet dataflow

I want to study the functions of transmit + & - and Recive + & - in 100Mbps base T networks. How zero's and 1's flow? What is the functions of negative line's in this and other details on electrical level. I have studied the encoding and data structures but am confused with the function of -ive lines in this case.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Ethernet dataflow

hi

ethernet phy doesnt carry digital signals its pure analog. the digital signals are encoded and are carried in differential format. for this traffic u dont need the ground reference to be carried all along the path of the ethernet. the signal is sensed by the differential amplifier. if u understand the PHY and PCS layers of 100baseT u can find what it is...

for example,
bit '1' is transmitted as '1' in the + line and '0' in the - line
bit '0' is transmitted as '0' in the + line and '1' in the - line

...i think im clear

Status
Not open for further replies.