Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trivial cadence waveform window question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nijMcnij

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence waveform java

hello all,

i searched all over the cadence help files for a solution to do a very simple task.

In waveform window, how can i remove the crosshair markers A and B once they have been set.....i don't want to change their position (i just have to click a or b again)...but i want to remove them altogether........i can't hide them and its just teasing me ......

many thanks

waveform window cadence

I just close the waveform window and then press the "plot results" button in the analog environment.

I hope that helps.

awd waveform tool

thank u for your comment, but actually what i am asking about is something different.

once i have a plot in the waveform window, i can place place markers and crosshairs from the markers menu....but once i place the A or B crosshairs i can only change their position ....what i want to do is to hide them completely

cadence wavescan cannot place markers

Yep it is trivial. But it took me years before I found out.

TO remove A and B marker you should click with the mouse to the center of the xhair marker by that I mean to the point where the vertical and horizontal part of the marker cross.
It is kinda hard in my opinion....

When the selection of the marker is correct there will be a little star next to the A or B. Then you can hit "delete" key. If the star is not there you will delete the wave.

You actualy do not have to click directly to the center but close to it..

nijMcnij

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think that wavescan solves this problem which appears in the AWD waveform.

If u r using IC5.1.41, try to make ur default waveform tool to be wavescan, from the options tab in the analog enviroment window.

If u r using IC5.0.33, write "wavescan" in the terminal and plot whatever u want

Wavescan is supposed to do better job than AWD. But sadly I found that Wavescan is toooo slow on our current hardware. So I have to give it up and go back to the old AWD.

wavescan is all in JAVA - which sadly on most HW sucks.

nijMcnij said:
hello all,

i searched all over the cadence help files for a solution to do a very simple task.

In waveform window, how can i remove the crosshair markers A and B once they have been set.....i don't want to change their position (i just have to click a or b again)...but i want to remove them altogether........i can't hide them and its just teasing me ......

many thanks

u should click on the letter "A" or "B" in the wave until an asterisk appears. Then u can remove the crosshair marker.

good luck to u

nijMcnij

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back