Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD pins. help........

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahab_sh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lcd pins

hi all
i have an 16x2 LCD and it has 16 pins (techstar TS1620-1)
but i dont know 2 pins:
1-pin No.15 "BL1"
2-pin No.16 "BL2"

thanx for any help.....
bye

www.lcdstar.com

I don't have a data sheet on this particular display but these pins should be the supply voltage for a backlight, if one is present on your display. Pin 15 should go to Vcc and Pin 16 to ground. A quick test to make sure this is correct is to use an ohmmeter and check continuity between Pin 16 and Pin 1 - both should go to ground on the display board. There may be an on-board dropping resistor to limit the voltage to the backlight or you may have to add one externally.

HTH -- Mike

lcdstar

This display is available in 2 different versions: with backlight and without backlight.
Check the height of the module. If it's 10mm then it's without backlight and the 2 terminals are not connected.
A module with a height of 14mm has a backlight.
Here you can download the (poor) datasheets:
Features: http://www.lcdstar.com/english/product_list_mh.html
Datasheet for module without backlight:
Code:
www.lcdstar.com/product/TS1620-1(low).pdf
Datasheet for module with backlight:
Code:
www.lcdstar.com/product/TS1620-1(high).pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com