Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEW RTOS for PIC and AVR- JACOS with features of SALVO

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to used pic rtos

Birth_day:
You can use standard libraries with timeouts (not Salvo Lite!). But on the other hand you're right, I have made my own libraries as well as I have changed the code a bit to suit me.
There's an appnote describing the process of producing your own libraries. If I can find it I'll upload it (it was originally d/l from the vendor's site).
As far as the inline is concerned: I was more referring to call stack depth rather than anything else. It seems that the majority of guys here prefer PIC16 series. With only 8-deep stack one should be very careful.

In general, I don't care which RTOS to use as long as it can deliver good results. But I would be using anything without the source code.
trace

I have asked one my friend to build the Salvo test using v3.07 libraries.
As result - 5240 bytes and 2220 switchs.

trace,

> I have made my own libraries as well as I have changed the code a bit to suit me.

I see. Well, then you have tested not Salvo 2.2.x. :( I'm wondering if your library gives a working code in the Salvo test?

Unfortunately I can not write English properly. I invite everyone who speaks Russian to open detailed discussion of a theme "jacOS vs Salvo" on any forum in RUnet. Just write where and when.
As a beginning of discussion I can tell, that I have written practically all parts jacOS before acquaintance with Salvo.

Birth_day:
I try to compile your example but I allways get the following error:
Error[000] swimctl.c 261 : undefined identifier: os_timer_delay

What version of HTC_PIC are you using? I'm using 8.01 (first version)

ThX

NeuralC

NeuralC ,

Compiler is HT-PICC 8.01PL3, with PL1 works too. The project was made for MPLAB 6.10. Probably, for older versions MPLAB will be necessary to change adjustments in Build Options - Include Path.

I have tried to talk to these guys on the microchip.ru forum. As expected - no real result. Just a lot of "blah-blah" talk.
Finally - despite the fact that I had made them an offer to have a look at the source code and if it is, indeed, an original product to buy it and to apologise for my mistake - they haven't taken the offer, saying that they'd wait for me to prove it was a fake rather than to make a step forward and provide some evidence to the contrary.

As I was saying earlier, I don't care which enviroment to use as long as it comes together with the support. This means at least knowing who is the vendor. I mean this guy (guys?) is just a nickname on the net. Why would anyone, having produced a worthy product, be hiding their identity?
To me it means just one thing: I won't be using "jacOS" simply because I don't want to invest my time into something that may simply dissapear overnight.
trace

trace,
You have put forward accusations and have not given any proofs. How such could happen?
On a forum w*.microchip you have subjected audit everything, that spoke here. How it to understand?
You apply for a role of the independent judge and a prosecutor simultaneously. Why?
Last question: as you have emphasized on w*.microchip.ru that have close links with Pumpkin Inc., whether we can consider all your words here as an official position of this firm? Or it is your private point of view?

Birth_day said:
trace,
Last question: as you have emphasized on w*.microchip.ru that have close links with Pumpkin Inc., whether we can consider all your words here as an official position of this firm? Or it is your private point of view?
I have no links with Pumpkin Inc. whatsoever. This is my opinion and I am standing by it. The "jacOS" guys are simply rude and for what I can see, very aggressive. To the point that I was accused (probably because they thought I was Russian) of betraying "mother Russia" by simply brigning up this discussion.
As I have said before, this whole thing stinks and as far as I am concerned not whorth any further discussion.
trace

Re: NEW RT*OS for PIC and AVR- JA*COS with features of S*A*L

Could somone tell me the Jacos if it is free and with full function. And it is better if someone can provide the Englisg edition manual

Guys , there was long discussion on Elektroda related to jacos and salvo . Please search old topics . It could probably be posted there together with some contact information

Is its source code in c available?
I prefer to use a RT0S that i have its source code,I think if you have problems with lib then you can not do anything,if you have source code you can optimize it according to your application and use it.

I think the open source is a important subject.

Hello,

I don't think that you can change the source code... It's very complicated and fragile stuff - touching one place can issue that the the RTOS will stop working reliable.

To make small changes in RTOS you need deep understanding of the RTOS, you need high level of programming, enough to build your own RTOS.

Don't forget that the problems, that you can enter in the changed code can pop up after long time. For sure you will blame something other, not the changed RTOS.

Luben

Re: RTOS for PIC and AVR microprocessors.

I have a conrtrol problem solved with 18F452 which has 1-2ms latency time. I need to use some peripheral for program the system.

My question is :

Is this OS so good for maintain 1ms latency time for the critical task and to serve other four tasks at too slow frecuencys without damage the central one?

thanks I want to learn it, but I need to know if solves my problem

nebisman

PS anyone know if this products is usable too with FED WIZ-C Pro 10.x ????

Thx BOB

This is a free PIC - RTOS. I don't remember where I found it but there was no more information. If you use this please post your feedback.

JJ

junglejenny said:
This is a free PIC - RTOS. I don't remember where I found it but there was no more information. If you use this please post your feedback.

This is Calvin RTOS for PIC 16f877. Its homepage is here: **broken link removed**

Ace-X.

I did not get what rtos is better for avr?! I need a tiny rt0s for avr that be similar to rtx--tiny-51 for 8o51.

I need that its c code be available.

Regards

Does any used to test efficiency of these RTOS?
(different advantage, disadventage, what is preferable choice for using)
Thank you very much.

I did not find the source code of jacOS?! Does any one have it? :?:

or it is not available for us? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back