Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does the salary for Circuit Design Engineer in Japan look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tok47

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear ALL,

Do any1 can share some info regarding a Circuit Design (Analog) Engineer in JAPAN?

HOw was the paid? How about the working enviroment? HOw about the benefit?

If a foreiner work there for a permanant job, do he/she have the sam e benefit as the local people in JAPAN?

Thanks

rdgs
tok

Re: Work in JAPAN

Hi,
tok47 wrote:
Do any1 can share some info regarding a Circuit Design (Analog) Engineer in JAPAN?
By this you mean electronic (board level) circuit designer or chip designer???

HOw was the paid? How about the working enviroment? HOw about the benefit?
It depends on the location in japan and your level of entry in company
Working environment - In my case fully japanese (all text and communication is in japanese)
benefits - nothing special

If a foreiner work there for a permanant job, do he/she have the sam e benefit as the local people in JAPAN?
This also varies with company to company, In my case No

Work in JAPAN

Sorry I am in Electronics board level design so can not say about the IC design jobs
But I guess Knowing Japanese language will be the basic requirement if you are applying in japan
Best of luck

Hi Instruit!
What CAE´s You using? What CAE`s are most popular in Japan?

Best regards, Gorkin.

Hi all,

I am also curios about working in japan. Im from Malaysia and currently I'm looking forward to work in japan. Can I get better experience in terms of designing (Analog IC Design) if i work in japan as compared to my home country, malaysia? Which is the good company to work for in Analog IC Design in Yokohama, japan? How about Fujitsu Microelectronics? How much salary normal engineer would get in Japan?

appreciate any comments

Work in JAPAN

Ya mayb can take FUJITSU as a example.

I know that FUJITSU has a base in YOKOHAMA. If working there, how's the daily spend? life style? salary?

I think snoop835 also wish to know about this too.

Hi
tok47 and snoop835: As I told before I am not into Ic design I cant tell you much about that prospective in japan
You can gain more experience by working in japan if you know japanese throughly because most of the documents in japanese company are in japanese
Ans my place is far from yokohama and so is the culrture and lifestyle different from Yokohama
if you want to know about japan you can search on google
sites I refered when I came here was
https://gojapan.about.com/
https://www.japan-guide.com/

gorkin:
Are you asking about CAE for IC design???
then sorry I dont know about that

For electronics design we use B2spice(simulation), MS Excel and Mathcad (Documentation) and Zuken(circuit drawing and pcb layout) but this is what we use in our company I dont know about other companies

If you really want to work in japan you need to know japanese language (Nihonggo), since japan is very nationalistic. You have to know the way they are driving since they are using right hand drive vehicle. As far as i experiance, the company will give equal compensation even if you're not a Japanese, these may depend on your skills and ability. I know these may not true to all company but some follows, Japanese company are sincere so as the people. But people loves jokes. I have been working in Nakanojo, japan in a research and development company, i found the living there is not very costly as compare to Yokohama, Hiroshima and of course Tokyo. When you do shopping you're the one who will pack your goods (self-service supermarket). Credit cards is the major transactions. And do not fold the bills (YEN), otherwise you have trouble in the vending machine. Actually i'm working as an Instrumentation engineer before but the company transfer my assignment here in Singapore. I hope this may give you hint of Japan

Hi Guyz,

Thanks for the info. How much is the average salary for electronics engineer in Japan? I mean for Junior Level (Entry level).

Thanks again

Work in JAPAN

Salary depends on the company,your japanese skills, negotiation etc.. if you are employed with the company directly(i.e if u dont have any consultants kinda people in between) you can expect a very good pay. my friend who recently switched from my company to another company in Tokyo is being paid 80 lakh yens per annum. He has around 5+ year experience(he knew japanese very well) .

In japan yearly bonus is a big part of the salary.. usually 3-6 months pay..

One thing I really hate about working in Japan is the overtime work... my collegues usually work around 12 hours a day.. so I am also forced to do so.. though I prefer to work 8-9 hours a day..

check this link ..
**broken link removed**

Work in JAPAN

Regarding the yearly bonus, is it that mean if he/she is working thriught a middle man, he/she wont get any bouns?

tok47 said:
Regarding the yearly bonus, is it that mean if he/she is working thriught a middle man, he/she wont get any bouns?

bonus could be there even if u are working thru a middle man.. but that wont be as good as you are directly employed... and most probaly ..about 3 months pay

Work in JAPAN

If let say work in YOKOHAMA, generally, how was the salary and daily spent for a fresh graduate?

Work in JAPAN

salry for a fresh graduate with middle man can be something like 2-3 lakh yens per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back