Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searl effect generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
searl effect generator

Hi all,
I am interested in this issue. The search engines offer a lot of information and theories about this topic, it is almost impossible to distinguish between facts and speculations. Has anyone knowledge about successfull experiments with SEG? How guys with deep knowledge in physics would comment this phenomena, especially presumable levitating effect? Thanks.

Flo.

searl effect

i'd send it to Mythbusters because it looks bogus. then at least you'd get to hear their funny sayings on the matter!

i researched this stuff a long time ago when i was naive enough to think that a person could really build a hovering skateboard as seen in back to the future II. Needless to say, if it hasn't been used as a military weapon you can be sure it's bunk (my first clue), but after some calculations about how strong the earth's magnetic field really is and how much current would be needed to lift a 150lb person 6 inches, i found that it was more than that generated in all of new york state.

searl generator lift

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea. Some of the claims are surely wrong, such as free-energy etc. but basically as an energy transfer and storage mechanism, as well as countring gravitation (which is a conservative force), there is no fundamental limit as far as physical science is concerned.

The reason for my optimism is that I saw a student at a University fair some time ago, who had built two concentric rings of different shapes connected by non-conducting rings, and the top ring connected to a CRT high voltage 40 KV (60 Hz) supply. Sure enough, the rings shot up about 10 feet in the air, and were held from going further up by the crt wire .

searl effect generator facts

Electronrancher, if you can say for sure that it has not been used in military application, then I admire your job :). However, so far, the claims are not for a fully levitating machine, as far as I remember, some russian guys replicated the experiment and they claimed that in nominal operating conditions the machine would lose a certain procent of its weigth, but not 100%.
I saw once on Discovery an experiment in which a frog and then a spider were levitating in a cylinder (approx. 2 inch diameter) where all the energy from a huge magnet (tens of megawatts) was concentrated. But we are talking here about magnetic field, or gravitational field?

discovery documentary: ed2k://|file|Bbc%20-%20Secrets%20Of%20Levitation.avi|238809088|A153FEC90C06731C1E7EDE9D9CBB5164|/

Flo.

Status
Not open for further replies.