Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cctv 500 square meter design for 24 cameras for the perimete

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir,
i would like to know a valuable suggestion from your side,
i have an area of about 500 square meters perimeter. for which i have to install all in all 24 camera's ,

will it be sutiable to go with co-axial cable as transmission media.
using RG-11 Coaxial cable with amplifers

or should i go with fiber optics.

please could any body suggest me,,

regards
krishnan

Re: cctv 500 square meter design for 24 cameras for the peri

In standard situations, if a camera is connected through a co-axial cable it will send good quality picture over up to 100m.
For longer distances you should employ proper line drivers (amplifier with level and frequency correction).
And this will work correctly to ≈1000m of co-axial cable.
Close to, or beyond that poin, and if you are worried about ground loops, or in noisy environment, I wouldn't hesitate and use fibre optics ..
Regards,
IanP

Re: cctv 500 square meter design for 24 cameras for the peri

I am missing information about the camera types, and the application / device "on the other end" of the cameray (meaning: monitors, tape devices etc).

What do you want to observe, in which picture quality do you want to observe (picture size, frame rate) ? Is it necessary to "control" the cameras (focus, direction etc) ?

250 sqare meter sounds like a shop area, 20*25 meter. you might set up 4 rows of cameras, each row holding 6 cameras.

I would suggest digital transmission in this case because...
:: setting up a network based on "cheap" CAT5 cable is pretty easy
:: necessary amplifiers (hubs) are pretty cheap
:: digital camerars (webcam) are pretty cheap, with acceptable quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back