Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MS eMbedded VC++ & Windows Media Player SDK question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinczakko

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MS eMbedded VC++ n Windows Media Player SDK question

Hi guys, I'm trying to build a custom plugin for Windows Media Player 9 running on Windows CE 4.2 Platform. I've installed MS eMbedded VC++ and Windows Media Player 9 SDK. How to "connect" these two tools so that I can make the plugin? Actually several "roadmap" has come into my mind, but I'm still not sure about it. I need advices from someone that has done similar development before. Note that I've done embedded programming before on ARM7TDMI (GBA) platform using GNU Tools before. So,even something like "linker script" won't be a problem. Anyway the target platform is an embedded x86 system.

Do I need to include the plugins during the build of the WinCE Image using Platform builder IDE? or I can add it later after the OS Image "installed" in the target platform?

TIA

Pinczakko

You can do the same way on the Visual VC++ 6.0 and eVC++. But after your code is complete. The x86 system need to rebuild image file that include your released build code. You need Platform buider to do that.

i have used the embedded VC,but not the media sdk.So first read the documentation of the sdk,u may not need embedded vc at all.As far as interfacing is concerned-is that ever a problem in windows ?? I use the .net compactframework to make life simple and target a wide range of platforms !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back