Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check the quality of a PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

aym_qunibi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i look to a PCB, how can i know the quality and the professionality of that pcb so i can use that manufacturer :?:

Re: PCB quality

pcb quality depends up on no of factors
1) whether manufacterer able to manufactor board with proscribed design rules
like clearance between wire to wire ,wire to pad ,wire to via ,via to via etc ,
2)min trace width with which he can manufacture
3)min diameter via he can achieve ,bcz for high density interconnect via with dia 6 or 8 mils are used ,this can only achieved by only advance manufactering technology .
4)ability to maitain controled impedance for traces ,

5)multilayer pcb manufactoring capabilty as per ur requirement like 18 layer board

if manufacturer can provide like these facalities then he is ok

vij

aym_qunibi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: PCB quality

Well, simple visual checks:

1) Observe the silkscreen printing on the board layout. This itslef will tell you the quality of work.

2) Take a convex lens and observe the soldermask opening alignment...you will observe some mis-registration if the quality of work is bad.

3) Hold the board vertically and view it from its side..check out for warpage on the board.

4) Inspect the drill holes on the bare PCB. On similar lines like point 3 above, check for the drill mismatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back