Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surface mount resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesardelahoz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'd like to know how can i choose what type of surface mount resistor(carbon film, metal film, .......) is the best for my application, I'm dealing with analog signals, and don't need more power than 1/4W. i'm searching at digikey, but i don't know how to decide, if somebody has any idea, or has some experience in this , please give some advice.

Thanks in advanced

Use their links to the manufacturer's web sites. Look at the data sheets and application notes.

First you will need to decide on initial tolerance, temperature coeficient, and frequency range. Once you find the part types you need then select on price and availability.

From what you have described in most cases you will be satisfied with standard 1% thick film chip resistors, and the most important parameter will be the power rating, and this is determined by the size of a chip resistor.
For example:
0805 format is rated for ≈0.125W
0603 - 0.1W
0402 - 0.063W
but
2512 is rated for 1W...
Here is a short selection guide:
**broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

hi, u can also try your luck here:
**broken link removed**

I suggest Koa Speer - **broken link removed**. I'd worked with this for a long time and quality is ok. Look at datasheets and footprints you a intersting and if you want ask for samples (on line).

Best regards,

Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back