Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i use the atmega8 without an external clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl09

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if i get an atmega8. can i get it to turn a led on and off without an external clock?

Hi,

* Tell us what you want to achieve
* show use your hardware (schematic)
* show us your code
* show us your test conditions
* give a detailed error description

...and we will help you to make it work

Klaus

i just want to make sure i can program the atmega8. as long as i can program the atmega8, i will be happy. there are instructions on how to program the atmega8 on the internet. i am just trying to make sure i can program the atmega8. as long as i can turn the led on and off i will be happy. just trying to make sure i understand everything.

i just want to make sure i can program the atmega8. as long as i can program the atmega8, i will be happy. there are instructions on how to program the atmega8 on the internet. i am just trying to make sure i can program the atmega8. as long as i can turn the led on and off i will be happy. just trying to make sure i understand everything.
Provided you have a working blink program .hex file and program it with internal crystal option selected with proper fuse settings, it should work fine. Absolutely no rocket science in it.

it's just that most of the things i try, don't work.

As usual, your threads lack elementary details that you are ALWAYS reminded to provide again and again. Just saying that it didn't work is a waste of time, yours and others; this is not a chat, the information has to be as accurate as possible. I'm inclined to propose your questions to be no longer approved if you continue with this sloppy writing pattern.

BTW, back to the question; considering that blinking a led involves some well-defined steps:

• Assemble a circuit (whose schematic was not shown)
  • Compile a program (whose code was not shown)
  • Upload program to chip (whose programmer messages were not shown)
So, tell us exactly at which stage what should show a different result from expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back