Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with electromagnetic interference in Class E amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

joviflocas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, could you give me the interferences that are generating my class E amplification circuit, it works at 3 MHz and I use it to excite a piezoelectric crystal.
When I made the measurements of conducted interference of CISPR 11, the frequency of 3 MHz and harmonics that exceed the range required by the standard appear.

Try designing an EMC filter to reduce feed thru to your input wires, try putting all the power electronics in a thin mild steel box and earth it at the same point as the filter earths ...

Class-E Amplifiers are naturally Switched Mode Amplifiers and they generate lot of harmonics due to its nature.
The solely method is to reduce the Harmonics is using Optimum Output Stage and Filters.And this one unfortunately cannot be predicted as expected in simulations and needs lot of practical works.

Status
Not open for further replies.