Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sampling Jitter of 1 ns

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to capture a jitter of 1 ns. I am looking for sample and hold IC which can hold the peak up to 1 micro second or more. Is there any recommendations on this ?

What do you mean you want to "capture a jitter"? Do you mean you want to measure jitter? Maybe you want to capture a glitch? Please elaborate

Actually I need to sample a pulse from accelerator meter which is around 1 to 5 ns. I need to sample the peak value. I am looking for peak hold device which can hold the peak value for few micro second.

I’m not sure there’s a monolithic device, but you could build one using a very high speed opamp (GBP> 1GHz) and high speed diodes. Just do a search for “peak detect circuit” for typical topologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back