+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Do I need footprint if I will just simulate in protues?

I want to create nrf24l01 module library in proteus. And I was asking If I will need nrf24l01 chip's footprint?
    I will connect it to arduino to do some simulation. I don't need a pcb layout design.

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 5

Helped
    66 / 66
    Level

Re: Do I need footprint if I will just simulate in protues?

The footprint is only used for the PCB. It's not required for design layout or simulation.

•   AltAdvertisement

Newbie level 1

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

The impression is utilized for the PCB. It's not required for structure design or reproduction.

I have been completing a reasonable piece of PCB configuration work recently, and I constantly used to utilize Proteus for schematic illustration, now and again mimicking and PCB plan.

I had a prerequisite to enable different clients to see the schematic in crude arrangement and Gerber design, so I normally recommended GCPrevue under Windows, yet then I had an issue with the crude configuration, as Proteus seems to be, obviously, a costly authorized application, so I began utilizing Eagle 6, had a frenzy about a CADCAM mistake then 6.1 turned out and all was cushy once more, and I truly loved Eagle, wasn't as "simple" to use as Proteus yet once you get back in to the rudiments and I read the instructional exercise and observed a few recordings it was genuinely straight forward, I haven't endeavored to make a section yet.

What truly astonished me was the number of impressions accessible for Eagle, Proteus has a decent determination however Eagle, WOW!

So my inquiry to every one of you veteran PCB fashioners is:

Had you the decision which bundle would you support between Proteus or Eagle and why? The main clear thing going for Eagle is there is a free form! I tried Easy-PC however returned to Eagle.

Besides on the off chance that you are aware of some other PCB configuration bundle that is free (but restricted, for example, Eagle 6 in pins and segments and board sizes and so on), or not unreasonably costly (for trialing), however has, for example, huge and broad library/network (for parts/impressions) as Eagle I might want to hear what your recommendations/contemplations are!

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 2
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Messy Corner, 44°47'31.56"N, 20°28'9.16"E
    Helped
    116 / 116
    Level

Have you tried KiCAD?
    Free, multiplatform, quite capable for production work.
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am.
    My attitude depends on who you are.

--[[ ]]--