Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate Frame Clock(FR) of the ADC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukas12

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I'm using a FMC board card with ADC - LTC2174. After powered on,I can detect Data output clock (DCO) signal of the ADC with Oscilloscope. However I can't detect Frame Clock (FR) signal.

1. I think that FR signal will be automatic generated after ADC powered on (just like DCO signal). Is that actually true?

2. I don't connect analog inputs of ADC. Must analog inputs be connected in order to generate FR signal?

Thanks

Thanks FvM. So is this means that ADC may be destroyed?

That's a possible explanation. Or shorted FRC output. Not sure if an ENC input signal outside specified frequency and level range may cause a similar effect too.

Hi,

I used the LTC2170, which has an identical interface.

Defective IC is possible, but I think it´s not very likely.
You know that they are LVDS signals and thus only have a small differential voltage level. Relatively hard to measure with a scope, but for sure possible.
Is your scope able to trigger at the differential voltage between the FR-pair?

Klaus

I tested the line on FMC. It seems that the problem lies in the connection of the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Klaus,

I think the scope that I used can capture differential FR signal. Becaues it has detected DCO signal which is also LVDS signal and has the same voltage level as FR. Anyway, I found that there is a problem on the line connection of FMC board card.
Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back