Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heat Sink for PA in Keysight ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepayanB

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I have designed a 2.4 GHz RFPA using Cree CGH40010F GaN HEMTs. I have finished the layout and also designed the heat sink in Ansys Workbench. Now I need to export the heat sink into ADS and assemble it with the PA board. I tried importing the .dxf file of Ansys but it seems something is going wrong. How do I assemble the heat sink and the board in ADS? The designed photo of the heat sink is attached.

Best,
Deepayan

1.JPG

I don't think it's a proper heatsink for that RF Power Transistor..
The Transistor should be mounted directly on the Palette by aid of 2 screws.Look at to similar transistor mounting.

I don't think it's a proper heatsink for that RF Power Transistor..
The Transistor should be mounted directly on the Palette by aid of 2 screws.Look at to similar transistor mounting.

Hello BigBoss,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Actually I need to fix the PCB board on the heat sink with screws. Is it possible to import the heat sink to ADS and assemble the modules together? As the heat sink size and position of screws / transistor slots should be same as that of the board. I will update my heat sink design as I understand a proper method to do so. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back