Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optimization for a flat S21 in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In ADS optimization function, I would like to have a flat S21 over 1GHz-2GHz. How can I set an arbitrary magnitude? The following only allows me to set a specific magnitude. I just need a very constant magnitude over the frequency, regardsless of the magnitude.

For example, if the magnitude is around 20dB, then the region is around 18-20dB.
if the magnitude is around 10dB, then the region is around 8-10dB.
Thanks.

Capture.PNG

If you change Type ">" to "Inside", the optimizer will do it.

Thank you. "Inside" helps to define a region. However, it still requires to enter the specific "max" and "min" value. For example, I have to define the "max" to be 20, and the "min" to be "18".

Is there a way that I don't need to define the exact value of the "max" and "min"? I only need to the deviation region of the S21 to be 2dB. Whatever 10dB-12dB or 20dB-22dB.

I never tried that, but maybe you can use a composite goal like
Code:
max(db(S21))-min(db(S21))

The difficulty is the result is a single number only, not a vector of values over frequency. It would be possible to limit the frequency using index values.

Example:
Code:
max(db(S21[COLOR="#FF0000"][5::11][/COLOR]))-min(db(S21[COLOR="#FF0000"][5::11][/COLOR]))
for frequency point 5 to 11

Last edited:
The function ripple works. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back