Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half duplex antenna switching (RF Switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedhamzahasan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to make an half duplex RF Switch for antenna to switch from Receiver to Transmitter. I know it can be done using pin diodes and relays. But before implementing the traditional approach, I went for latest available RF Switch ICs. I found some SPST switches but with different results, money is not a problem. My requirements are RF1, RF2, RFC (RF Common for antenna) with 60db isolation between RF1 and RF2, frequency range is 1.5 MHz to 30 MHz. I would look forward to any help that could benefit me regarding designing, selecting, even block diagram of connectivity of Rx, Tx and antenna. I have attached pic 1 and pic 2. Picture 1 is ideal but could settle for picture 2 as well.

Thanks

Attachments

• TR Switch.png
    TR Switch.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 164
  • TR Switch.png
    TR Switch.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 171
  • TR Switch (1).png
    TR Switch (1).png
    19.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

No:1 is a -no doubt- appropriate configuration.
But I guess the TX Output Power is high.. Right ?? If it's so, you should pay attention when selecting the Switches because Solid State RF Switches can handle -maybe- few Watts but I think your TX Output Power is much higher than this.You have to use RF relays in this case..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back