+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Newbie level 6
    Points: 140, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    140
    Level
    1

    Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    Hello, iam design power amplifier, but my delta and K factor is less than 1 What should I do ?

  2. #2
    Member level 2
    Points: 625, Level: 5
    ArakelTheDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    If you like the post, please press "Like".
    Posts
    49
    Helped
    8 / 8
    Points
    625
    Level
    5

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    Can you please give us a circuit. Sometimes its hard to translate these questions in English.
    If you liked the post, please press "Give points" and "Helped me".



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Points: 29,576, Level: 41
    andre_teprom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    8,837
    Helped
    1114 / 1114
    Points
    29,576
    Level
    41
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    In general people give indication of what their are referring to.
    We can assume that you are talking about the loopback gain of a control system.
    Being the case, have a look at Barkhausen stability criterion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the world that you live in, You are the part that you're giving ( Renaissance )



  4. #4
    Newbie level 6
    Points: 140, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    140
    Level
    1

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    , i would to design the power amplifier with transistor CREE CGH40006S if i want to matching impedance is always not matching ,does it affect the stabilizing circuit? because I just give arbitrary resistive value at the input?

    Thanks for your explain, but iam sorry i didnt understand



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Points: 29,576, Level: 41
    andre_teprom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    8,837
    Helped
    1114 / 1114
    Points
    29,576
    Level
    41
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    iam sorry i didnt understand
    We neither.
    Draw some sketch and/or spent more time to depict the "stabilizing circuit".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the world that you live in, You are the part that you're giving ( Renaissance )



  6. #6
    Full Member level 3
    Points: 1,260, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    183
    Helped
    75 / 75
    Points
    1,260
    Level
    8

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhadz View Post
    , i would to design the power amplifier with transistor CREE CGH40006S if i want to matching impedance is always not matching ,does it affect the stabilizing circuit? because I just give arbitrary resistive value at the input?

    Thanks for your explain, but iam sorry i didnt understand
    I did not completely understand your question but I am going to go out on a limb and try to guess it.
    So you had a transistor, and you found that your Rollett stability factor is less than 1. And you want to know what to do?
    K>1 means unconditionally stable but K<1 does not automatically imply your amplifier is going to be unstable. It depends on your load and source impedance. If your load impedance is fixed, you can draw the load stability circle and see if your amplifier is going to be unstable for the load impedance that you are targeting. If no, then you should be fine.
    But if yes, then the only thing you can do it place a series resistor with the gate of your device to reduce the gain and see at what point your load lies outside your load (in)stability circle.



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  7. #7
    Newbie level 6
    Points: 140, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    140
    Level
    1

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    Quote Originally Posted by vivekroy View Post
    I did not completely understand your question but I am going to go out on a limb and try to guess it.
    So you had a transistor, and you found that your Rollett stability factor is less than 1. And you want to know what to do?
    K>1 means unconditionally stable but K<1 does not automatically imply your amplifier is going to be unstable. It depends on your load and source impedance. If your load impedance is fixed, you can draw the load stability circle and see if your amplifier is going to be unstable for the load impedance that you are targeting. If no, then you should be fine.
    But if yes, then the only thing you can do it place a series resistor with the gate of your device to reduce the gain and see at what point your load lies outside your load (in)stability circle.
    is the addition of the resistive component the value free without calculation? and I have tried inserting a series resistive component but the MAG becomes small?



  8. #8
    Full Member level 3
    Points: 1,260, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    183
    Helped
    75 / 75
    Points
    1,260
    Level
    8

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhadz View Post
    is the addition of the resistive component the value free without calculation? and I have tried inserting a series resistive component but the MAG becomes small?
    Its kind of hard to do hand calculation. I typically sweep the value of R until I get Kf>1 and I use that value.

    But yes indeed, your maximum available gain (MAG) will come down.



  9. #9
    Newbie level 6
    Points: 140, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    140
    Level
    1

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1

    Quote Originally Posted by vivekroy View Post
    Its kind of hard to do hand calculation. I typically sweep the value of R until I get Kf>1 and I use that value.

    But yes indeed, your maximum available gain (MAG) will come down.
    How to use typically sweep the value R in ADS? And the resistif componen always seri ?can i use the pararel?



  10. #10
    Full Member level 3
    Points: 1,260, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    183
    Helped
    75 / 75
    Points
    1,260
    Level
    8

    Re: Power amplifier delta and K factor <1




--[[ ]]--