Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adhesive to join PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank451180

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed "an aperture coupled microstrip patch antenna" using FR4 material. but for fabrication purpose i need to join two PCBs together. so, i'm looking for the same, the best adhesive to join PCBs with low dielectric constant. please help me out.

Last edited:

Hi,

best adhesive
The "best" is usually determined by your requirements.

The only requirement I see in your post is "low dielectric constant".

Is it independent of
* tape / glue
* thickness
* width
* aging
* price
* availability
* temperature
* your surfaces (low energetic, high energetic..)

I recommend to go to a good manufacturer for the thing you are looking for and do a search for application notes or selection guides.
Like this: https://www.3m.com/
or this:
Usually they know about the technical specifications of their products ... and they want to sell their products, thus they will support you.

My idea: I assume an adhesive foam tape has low dielectric constant.

Klaus

I don't understand the low dielectric constant point. If you join PCBs, the dielectric would be formed by the PCB substrates, a thin adhesive layer won't change it. The adhesive should be chosen according to the substrate material, e.g. epoxy for FR4, microwave substrate may need different adhesive for sufficient bonding.

Alternatively, if you want a defined dielectric layer between the substrates, you probably use a rigid substrate instead of a thick adhesive layer. Or may be foam in some cases. The layer thickness should be well defined, though.

A drawing might explain the problem better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back