Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weak inversion MOS ohmic region

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedrovfr

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am interested in designing a MOS as a voltage controlled resistor, I'm looking for a rough formula for the conductance in weak inversion and in the ohmic region (let's say vds = Vt). I couldn't find anywhere an equation as the equation for strong inversion ( gds= ucoxW/L(Vgs-Vth) ).
Does anyone know that, or can suggest me a book or paper where I can find this information?
Thx

Almost every texbook mentions about linear reagion of MOS transistors, why couldn't you find it ??

If in strong inversion triode region, gds=Id_patial/Vds_partial. Then in weak inversion we can apply the same principle, Knowing that drain current in weak region is "Io*exp((Vgs-Vth)/mVt)[1-exp(-Vds/Vt)]".
then gds_weakinversion=Id_patial/Vds_partial = [Io*exp((Vgs-Vth)/mVt)*exp(-Vds/Vt)]/Vt. which is very nonlinear.

I think you make a mistake.
Regarding to "Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits" of Meyer-Gray page-74,the Partial derivative of Id aginst Vgs ( so gm) is linear.

Linear Region.png

Status
Not open for further replies.