Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure overall current consumption of Arduino+components

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjzai123

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, how can I measure the overall current consumption of my stepper motor + sensors + arduino uno? Since multiple components connected to 5V, so I wired out the 5V to the breadboard. If I wanted to measure it, how can I do it?

If your query is how to measure current overall avearge value , then use an ammeter in the +5V line.

I mean when I connect all the components to my Arduino Uno, I want to measure how much current the system draw. So, just by connecting to 5V line there can measure it?

Put ammeter or multimeter in ammeter mode in series with your power supply and loads that is red probe to +5V and black probe to all other +5V connections to your circuit (loads).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back