Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Technology section is missing entirely (TFCHK-040)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpungi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am getting the following error in milkyway:
Error: Technology section is missing entirely. (line 2185) (TFCHK-040)
ERROR : Fail to load technology file 'umc90nm.tf' into library 'umc90mw'

used the command:
create_mw_lib umc90mw -technology umc90nm.tf

when looked in umc90nm.tf indeed there was no technology section.. to add scl technology file loaded without any errors and had the technology section inside it.. also scl.tf is looking quite different than umc180.tf.. any idea whats going on here?

Do i have to process the foundry provided tf file before loading into milkyway.. or are there different formats in which the tf files are provided.. ?

thanks for looking into this

Please provide more information - like what is the query about. Please bear in mind that we have absolutely no idea what you are trying to achieve or what tools you are using. Is this a problem in Synopsis maybe?

You probably don't want to ask this in "Elementary electronic questions" if it is so specific.

Brian.

Sorry for the hassel..
I am working with synopsys dc/icc and want to create a milkyway lib using the .tf file. I have acess to UMC180 and scl180 nm pdk.
The technology file in UMC180 i think (not sure) is in openacess format.. loading that into milkyway using create_mw_lib is giving the above mentioned error.
The scl tech file is i think in milkyway format and has the so called technology section..

Technology {
<some definitions>
}

UMC tech file has no such block. do I have to to somehow convert the umc tech file to absorb in milkyway?

- - - Updated - - -

The scl pdk has two tech files .. one that I can load into milkyway and the other I can't .. not sure the difference between the two tech files.. I need a way to load the UMC tech file into milkyway

Status
Not open for further replies.