Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BNC Cable resistance measured

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I cut two BNC cables with lengths around 15cm with one end having BNC connector and the other end loose stripped with tool. Why are these cables showing 120 and 260 ohm resistance respectively when i connect the loose end(i.e. signal and ground to each other) side of the cable and measure on the other end(i.e. over BNC connector).

I tried connecting a 110ohm resistance on the loose end on one of the cables and the value comes out to be 230 ohm on the cable which earlier measured 120 ohm when measured without that 110R.
UPDATE: The signal wire has 120ohm resistance when measured between the both ends. I thought it was 0 ohm as it does not say anything about resistance on the BNC connector.

Last edited:

UPDATE: The signal wire has 120ohm resistance when measured between the both ends. I thought it was 0 ohm as it does not say anything about resistance on the BNC connector.

Is this a special cable? Regular coax has very low series resistance.

Not sure, the only thing written is Hitachi Denshi AT-10AF.

AT-10AF is not a normal cable with a BNC connector. What you have is one piece of a passive oscilloscope probe. You should probably not use it for anything.

AT-10AF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.