Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ADS] Converting Layers between Strip and Slot Representation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pragash

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to convert layers between the strip and slot representation folowing the steps below. However i'm stuck at step 2 whereby I cannot find Adfi Tools. Please help

Converting Layers between Strip and Slot Representation
You can convert between Strip and Slot Layer representations by using the Adfi Tools > Convert Strip <-> Slot utility.
To convert a strip plane to slot plane:
1. Click in the Layers panel. This will make all the layers selectable.
2. Select Adfi Tools > Convert Strip <-> Slot.
3. Select the layer split2 for converting to a slot layer. Ensure that layer split2 in the stack up is strip plane.
4. Type -0.1 in the Cutter oversize distance field.

5. Select Split2:drawing from the From Layer drop-down list.
6. Select Neg from the To Layer drop-down list.
7. Select the Update Layer Binding option.
8. Click OK. The split2 layer in strip plane is converted to neg in slot plane.
9. Open the Substrate stack. The neg plane replaced split2 as a slot plane, as shown in the following figure:

The cookie cutter shape on layer comp_pkg, metals on layer split2, will be populated on layer neg.

I never used it, but you can enable this from ADS main menu, Tools > App Manager

adfi.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back