Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monitor aoc F19L no image , screen black

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfminformatica

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I opened the monitor I noticed that someone (another technician) has already moved the monitor, in addition to making a mess disconnected the cables that connect in the bulbs, also removed the transformer from the inverter.
Now, how to solve this problem? I do not know how to get this inverter transformer, as I do not have much time to fix this monitor.

It's possible the previous technician scavenged parts from the unit because it no longer worked. There may be other things wrong with it besides loose cables and missing transformer. So even if you were to fix those problems, it might stay dark.

Perhaps the transformer is a simple high voltage transformer? Then you might get results by installing a 'generic' spare from almost any monitor. Of course this requires experience and know-how at jimmy-rigging components. Chances of success are low.

If you can locate a tv repair shop, they might sell you a transformer which is a near match to AOC equipment. Expect to pay a premium price, with no guarantees and no money back.

I've purchased working used monitors on Ebay, at bargain prices.

I started by checking the monitors I have in my workshop and found an Intelbras monitor that also says it's a 716SW AOC. When opening this intelbras monitor I found the inverter transformer of the same size and the same pinning as the AOC F19L monitor. I removed it and put it on the F19L monitor and the lamps came on but with a reddish glow that made me realize that the bulbs were damaged. I tried to test the monitor using other bulbs, concludes that it is now enough to just replace the two bulbs so that the monitor returns to normal operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back