Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Input of a WIFI Energy Harvester in Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerock

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!

I wanna ask some help regarding the input signal of our Wi-Fi energy harvester. We are targeting to use both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency, one at a time. This signal will be the input of our rectifier. My question is how are we going to generate the harvested input from the Wi-Fi signal in our schematic simulation.

There's a comment that says, "generally, continuous sinusoidal or burst sinusoidal, e.g. ASK signal is used. OFDM waveform or waveform which has large peak factor is appropriate, since we assume WiFi signal." But how can we generate those using the schematic editor in cdesigner? I really am confuse in generating the input harvested from the Wi-Fi signal since we know that its amplitude is not constant from time to time. Can we use the port element?

Thank you all for your help.

My question is how are we going to generate the harvested input from the Wi-Fi signal in our schematic simulation.
It is easy.
Capture I(t) and Q(t) of Actual Wifi Signal by using Real Time Spectrum Analyizer.
Then use piece-wise linear sources for I/Q upmixer.

If you don't have Real Time Spectrum Analyizer, generate I(t) and Q(t)
by signal flow simulator such as Keysight-ADS-Ptolemy, Keysight-SystemVue, MathWorks-MATLAB, etc.

If you don't have them, generate I(t) and Q(t) by your own program such as C, C++, C#, etc.
If you can understand OFDM, it is not so difficult.

OFDM waveform or waveform which has large peak factor is appropriate
Right.
See https://www.powercastco.com/wp-cont...Press-Release-PowerSpot-Transmitter-Final.pdf

But how can we generate those using the schematic editor in cdesigner?
What do you want to mean ?
Use correct terminology.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back