Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coax Cables S2P files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to simulate equalization of coaxial cables.

Does anyone know if there are S2P files of coax cables available for download anywhere ?

Thanks.

Coaxial Cables are manufactured with defined Characteristic Impedance ( 50 Ohm, 75 Ohm ) and s2p parameters are generally not necessary.(At least it's assumed that they have in-spec Zc)
The Manufacturers just give the tolerance of Zc.But it's of course possible to measure Zc with a high-end VNA.(Some manufacturers post S11 and S21 for High-end Coaxial cables but very rare..)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to use the S2P files directly in simulation in Cadence or ADS in conjunction with circuits I am designing. I want to use the S2P files for simulation to mimic their real life performance and was wondering if there was any channel models for them on the internet available. This is for equalization circuits. I want to see if the equalization circuits can equalize this channel.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.