Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate battery percentage while charging? I want only battery voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandreddy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to calculate battery percentage while charging ,I want only battery voltage

Hi

Ho to read battery voltage level while charging ?
In our design we are using potential divider circuit to read battery percentage
For your reference i am attaching battery reading circuit

could you please give me your input for above one

Re: How to calculate battery percentage while charging ,I want only battery voltage

A simple ADC could read back voltage. I don't know if you have microcontroller in your circuit. There are ADC with I2C interface. You can read back the digital voltage level and
display the charging percentage. If you would prefer analog solution, you may just use several voltage comparator to know the coarse voltage. The output of the comparators could be used to drive LED to show the charging percentage.

Hi

Ho to read battery voltage level while charging ?
In our design we are using potential divider circuit to read battery percentage
For your reference i am attaching battery reading circuit

could you please give me your input for above one

Re: How to calculate battery percentage while charging ,I want only battery voltage

Hi,

1) no attachment
2) battery voltage is no good indicator for battery charge status.

There are many discussions about this. Do a search.
Use a coluomb counter for good charge status. There are dedicated ICs for this.

Klaus

Lithium battery? The voltage quickly rises to 4.20V per cell then goes no higher while the battery is only about 70% of a full charge and is still charging. The voltage level will not show how much the battery is charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.