Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Using TX-S DPDT Latch type relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashy.br

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Experts,

I am trying to use a DPDT relay(TXS2SA-L2-12V) to switch signals to different paths

relay.png

I am trying to implement an Op Amp test Circuit as shown below , where i was planning to use this DPDT relay to switch between various passives needed or the amplifier.

Capture.PNG

please let me know if i am wrong , my assumption is we can control DPDT relay paths independently by using the opposite polarity .

It's not really clear to me:
1) what you are trying to show
2) what you are asking

What do you mean 'control relay paths...by opposite polarity?" You control the relays with two separate coils. Energize one for one position; energize the other for the second position.

I tested a latching relay. Mine has one coil. I send a brief pulse through it in one direction to move the contacts one way. They remain in the state they're left in.
I send a pulse in the other direction to move the contacts the other way.

This may not be the same type as your relay, if your relay has two coils.

An H-bridge is convenient for the job. Two logic gates (or two op amps) in bridged configuration can operate my relay.

I tested a latching relay. Mine has one coil. I send a brief pulse through it in one direction to move the contacts one way. They remain in the state they're left in.
I send a pulse in the other direction to move the contacts the other way.

This may not be the same type as your relay, if your relay has two coils.

An H-bridge is convenient for the job. Two logic gates (or two op amps) in bridged configuration can operate my relay.
OPs post shows two coils....

Hello All,

Thanks for trying to help , Looks like my understanding on how to use 2 coil latch relay was wrong ( I was trying to use DPDT as 2 individual SPDTs , which i understand now is not correct due to SET and RESET coils coming into picture)

But using 2 Coil DPDT as a single SPDT switch is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back