Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADS 2017 co-simulation sweep parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitrii

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm designing an input matching network for GaN transistor. I calculated and simulated it in ADS using transmission line theory and S-parameters block. After, I generated layout and want to tune it using EM co-simulation at the fixed frequency 2 GHz. I set length of the MLin L1 in schematic and layout as a parameter. Also, I set "Parameterized sub network Pcell" type for both generated and emCosim layouts. In the new schematic cell I inserted the emCosim model with emCosim view. Now, I try to make parameter sweep for the emCosim model. The problem is that ADS calculates the same results for swept parameter. For example, I defined three points L1=10mm, 20mm and 30mm. After starting the simulation, the EM analysis is called three times and generates three identical data set. I suspect that all these data are calculated for default L1 value.

Is it possible to make correct sweep in co-simulation mode?

Attachments

• Schemtic.png
    Schemtic.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 335
  • Layout.png
    Layout.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 189
  • schematic_sweep.png
    schematic_sweep.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Results.png
    Results.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Test_wrk.zip
    123.5 KB · Views: 81

It should work if you change the layout cell from "Use This Layout” to “Parametric” in the File > Customize Pcell dialog.
Strange enough that they made this the default, because many users run into the same problem with parameters that do nothing.

Have a look at the section with the red warning comment (about middle of the page) in my Parameterized EM appnote:
https://muehlhaus.com/support/ads-application-notes/em-parameters-momentum

Reactions: Dmitrii

Dmitrii

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for reply, but it does not work for me. I use ADS 2017 and there I set the "Parameterized sub network Pcell" in Customize Pcell dialog, but it didn't help me. Also you use EM simulation/Model in your appnote, but I use EM Cosimulation mode in EMsetup. I suspect that the parameter L1 was not transfered to EM simulator or not assigned to Layout component. I attached workspace, please look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

I use this:

Attachments

• EMSetup.jpg
    EMSetup.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 186

You haven't attached your workspace, but you can test yourself: open a new layout and place two instances of your subcircuit layout. Assign different parameter values and check if the subcircuit instance scales properly.

Reactions: Dmitrii

Dmitrii

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I figured out the problem!!!

It was necessary to select "Include all parameters except these:". The sweep turned out to be correct!

Thanks for help!

Attachments

• EMSetup_Cosim.jpg
    EMSetup_Cosim.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 213

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back