Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for true SPI ADC to SPI DAC combo for a hobby project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary36

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
looking for true spi adc dac combo for a hobby project

For a hobby project , I would like to interface output of SPI ADC to SPI DAC and match the input vs output. I am unable to find plain vanilla true SPI ADC-DAC duo. Any clues?

Re: looking for true spi adc dac combo for a hobby project

I mean ADC should generate SPI output which can be directly interfaced to DAC to generate analog output, without using a controller in between

No, all these ADC and DAC chips act as SPI Slave, none as Master.

Hi,

Both devices usually are SPI_slaves. None of them will initiate a SPI communicatrion as an SPI_master.
And the SPI is just an interface - with no dedicated data protocol. Thus - even if there is an SPI_master - in many cases you can not simply send the ADC data to any DAC.

Did you consider how to control the ADC_setup, the DAC_setup, sampling rate, ...or simply "who controles the CS lines?"

BTW: what´s the use of an ADC--(SPI)--DAC?

The most simple soultion could be an audio ADC-DAC solution with or without an I2S interface. Maybe read through some audio CODEC ICs.

Klaus

I wonder what is the purpose of doing a conversion and deconversion without any inbetween processing.

Couldn't you accomplish the same task with a wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.