Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual Port Charger with adapatable current sharing to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLR

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I want to do know how current sharing can be taken care in dual port or 3 port USB charger

if to 4A charger we connect device/load with current rating of 2A and 1A ,will current supplied will be 2A and 1A only ?

If only one load of current rating of 4A is connected to USB port then how do current is devoted to only this port ?

Hi,

If I had to know this, then I´d study the USB specifications first.

In case you want to build your own chargiing port, then I assume you are free to supply every port with full specified current.

Klaus

Hi ,

I might use all USB With current rating of 4A and AC DC to supply 5V, 4A.

Doubt on how to devaite or share current as per load requirement.

I am came across this IC MAX20313 from Maxim Integrated it can limit 500mA to 6A, but it is single channel IC

any suggestion on triple channel USB Switch IC to control upto 4A

also i have doubt do all dual or more port chargers will have USB switch IC to control current across USB ports ?

Status
Not open for further replies.