Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage doubler issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a test instrument which produces the output voltage of +4.8V. I want to increase this voltage to +5.8V and I cannot use boost converter because when the 4.8V starts to decrease, the voltage +5.8V should also starts to decrease. I have doubled the voltage using LMC7660 voltage converter and reduces the voltage using voltage divider network. Attached is the circuit for the reference.

But the problem is, when I test the circuit with a voltage source of +4.8V, it works good. But when I connect it to the test instrument it is not working. Please help to solve this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20171204_123349.jpg
    IMG_20171204_123349.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 72

What's the source output impedance? I guess, you rather want a DC voltage amplifier (OP) with an auxiliary supply.

Do you want the 5.8V to decrease at the same absolute rate as the 4.8V, i.e. if the 4.8V drops to 4.5V you want the 5.8V to drop to 5.5V also?

Also note that the 7660 typically oscillates at 10KHz at which the 1N4007 is losing efficiency. As the current is very low it would work better with small signal diodes (1N914 etc) or better still a small Schottky type such as the BAT85.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.